Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Cake Fail!!

-->
To start, I figured I should give a fat pants vs. skinny jeans update. I think my solution was brilliant! I wore a pair of stretchy skinny jeans a size too big! It was perfect; I still got the cute look in comfort, while having the ability to eat my weight in turkey!

Wednesday before Thanksgiving, I spent hours on Pinterest trying to find some kind of chocolate cake recipe to take to Thanksgiving dinner. After reading through tons of recipes, I choose the recipe that sounded delicious, yet fairly simple (I had to be realistic to find one I could actually make, knowing I am not going to be on the next season of Top Chef). I settled on a triple chocolate bunt cake…yes I know it sounds completely fabulous! The directions seemed simple, and the pictures were just mouth-watering. I bought all the supplies, made the whole thing from scratch. And how good did it turn out? AWFUL!!! Apparently it needed to cook easily another hour. It seemed like it was done. I did the whole insert a toothpick, and it just lied! I was so devastated. My cake looked like an exploding volcano. It was terrible; I made the whole thing from scratch and had to rush it to the trashcan to avoid having to clean the floor. My dad so desperately wanted to make jokes, however he refrained knowing I could burst into tears at any given second. My heart was broken, not only because it didn’t work out, but mostly because I had to throw away that much chocolate…what a sin!



I know isn’t it a tragedy?!?

Then I had to do the run to the grocery store at 10:00 the night before Thanksgiving to come up with some kind of desert to fix.

Thanksgiving was wonderful! To start I got to see my Houston Texans win in overtime. It was intense, but wonderful! I am lucky enough to have family that welcomes us into their home to celebrate all together. My brother-in-laws family graciously invited us to join them. It is so great to have them as a part of my family. We had so much fun as we watched the stretchy-ness of my pants do its job!

November 21st: I’m grateful for my 11-day vacation for Thanksgiving!!

November 22nd: I’m grateful for being able to spend Thanksgiving with family! I was lucky enough to spend it with not only my parents, but also my sister and brother-in-law and all of his family. I’m so grateful I can call them my family as well.

November 23rd: I’m grateful for the encouragement of friends. Sweet words go a long ways towards spurring me on to continue.

November 24th: I’m grateful being able to go out and catch up with old friends.  I see old friendships as a true treasure.

November 25th: I’m grateful that I was able to decorate our Christmas tree. I love the start of the Christmas season!!!

November 26th: I’m grateful for old Disney movies; they bring back childhood memories.

November 27th: I’m grateful for modern medicine, even medicine for dogs! I’m glad that Bella’s surgery went well.

November 28th: I’m grateful for this winter weather. For people that know me, this will sound like a surprise because I hate the cold. I’m grateful that it helps me get into the Christmas spirit.


The Newest Adult…Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment