Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Skinny Jeans Vs. Fat Pants

-->
It’s hard to believe this week I will be sitting down with my family digging into delicious turkey! I must admit I’m a white meat fan! Not only the turkey, but the potatoes, and green beans, and who even knows what other Thanksgiving food, I’m ready for them! I have been struggling with an internal conflict, and I can’t figure out what the right solution is. Well here goes my problem: For Thanksgiving dinner do I wear my usual super stretch pants so I can eat all I want, or do I wear pants that are more fit to prevent me from eating ridiculous amounts??? I just don’t know!!!

I keep seeing these Black Friday shopping advertisements. It’s driving me crazy! I just want to go shopping, but I now I need to be responsible and not go. I just can’t believe that some of these stores are opening on Thursday evening to try to get more people in their stores. I even saw an ad for a store opening bright and early on Thanksgiving Thursday. I am just saddened by this. When did thanksgiving become null and void and black Friday become the celebrated holiday? I love a good sale, however, I want to spend the holiday with my family; I want the employees that are forced to work to have the holiday with their family as well. This sadly won’t be happening this year.

This year my Thanksgiving is different, and I’m so excited for it! My family will be having Thanksgiving with my brother-in-laws family (which I count as my family). I will get to see my precious nephew (who is my sister’s sister-in-laws son). He is so precious! I’m looking forward to this, there is never a dull moment with them! I’m scared for the laughing we will do! Luckily, I think it makes sense to eat more than normal because I will be laughing more than normal. And hey, that balances out, right?

If you haven’t read my sister or my sister-in-law’s blog’s…you need to! They are wonderful!! Check out:


and





November 12th: I’m grateful that I have a nice apartment in Denton to live in. It makes it easier to feel at home in Denton.

November 13th: I’m grateful for my amazing sister and brother-in-law. I am truly so blessed to have them in my life. My sister is my best friend and such a wonderful role model. I could not have asked for her to find a better husband. He is 100 times better of a man than I ever could have hoped for her to find. I’m so grateful for both of them!

November 14th: I’m grateful for music. I have been singing my whole life (not well I might add) but that rarely stopped me. I love being able to sing a song that can truly speak to me. Music is so powerful. I am especially thankful for country music!

November 15th: I’m grateful for having my car that I can trust to drive me everywhere, especially from Dallas to Houston and back.

November 16th: I’m grateful for my health. I’m so glad that I am able to get up every morning and go about my day healthy.

November 17th:  I’m grateful for being out of school for 11 days! This is just what I needed before graduation!!

November 18th: I’m so grateful for the people who have truly taken time out of their lives to mentor me. I have been lucky to have people mentor me in different areas, including career paths, academics, and spiritual. I’m so thankful that people care about me enough to truly long to see me succeed. Their prayers and support have helped me get to where I am now.

November 19th:  I’m grateful for laughter. It is truly a great medicine. There is nothing better than enjoying laughter with people you love!

November 20th: I’m grateful for my favorite TV. Shows! There are four shows that I watch over and over again and I never get tired of. Gilmore Girls, What I Like About You, Reba, and Duck Dynasty. These four shows always make me laugh and truly lift my mood.

The Newest Adult…Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment