Sunday, November 11, 2012

I just want to finish



T-Minus 34 days until graduation! It’s hard to believe I am about to graduate college and head into the real world. A couple tests and silly assignments stand between me and that expensive piece of paper. I'm ready to be done. If you would have told me in August of 2009, when I started college, that I would be graduating a semester early, I would have laughed in your face. But standing in the football stadium singing my school Alma Mater, it was hard to believe that this was my last football game to see as a student. It brought back so many great memories of the last three years, and made me slightly emotional. Three and a half years of my life are coming to a close, and here comes the new chapter!   

I have to say, starting this blog during November has made the writing of the entries much easier because of doing the thirty days of thankfulness!

November 4th: I am thankful for hot dogs and Mac N Cheese! Why? Because these are two of the best foods in the world and sadly they make up way too high of a percentage of my diet. My wonderful sister reminded me of this the other day and told me I need to be grateful for them! I agree, these two things are very important to America!!!

November 5th: I am thankful for having cable and Internet again! I know it might sound silly, but being without both of them really makes things boring! I am very grateful for the cable guy that came to fix it. When they say between 9:00-1:00, and there is a knock on the door at 9:01…it made me a happy camper!

November 6th: I am thankful freedom. I am so glad I am able to be able to live in a country where I have the right to vote, speak freely, and worship my God openly.

November 7th: I am thankful for the men and women fighting for the same freedom I was grateful for yesterday. I hope no one take for granted the sacrifice that the men and women in the armed forces make, as well as the sacrifice that their family and friends make. Thank you to all men and women in the armed forces, and their family!

November 8th: I am thankful for being able to spend time with friends. I do feel like I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends! Being able to spend time with them, laugh, and be myself is a true gift.

November 9th: I am grateful for having the best parents in the world. I have parents that aren’t afraid to show me how much they love me, or how proud of me they are. They have been there in absolutely every way I could ever need. They have taught me everything I know, and my prayer is to be half as good of a parent that they are. I am grateful that my parents love me and were willing to drive up to Denton to see me this weekend!

November 10th:  I am grateful for getting to see my last home football game as a college kid, and it being a win!! Go Mean Green! (That’s my school mascot). On top of that, it was the first UNT win my parents have been able to see since they started coming up for parents weekend, and it made it even more of a sweeter victory to share it with my parents!

November 11th: I am grateful for the Houston Texans!!! I love my football team! I have been a fan since year one, and I am excited to see them do so well this year! I am especially grateful to be able to watch JJ Watt!! He is just wonderful, and if anyone knows him, PLEASE INTRODUCE ME!!!! I’m dying to meet him!!!!!  Let’s go Texans!!!


The Newest Adult…Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment